Katie Murray User Experience
Design & Development
Curious, free spirit...
Chicagoan by birth, Hoosier by fate. From Milwaukee through Illinois into "The Region" of Indiana, the Midwest is my first home. I love to travel & explore far and wide as often as possible.
I've lived among the Bears, the Cheeseheads & Roman Ruins, now settled next to the Rocky Mountains in Denver. With a cat, a dog & a husband, I'm a designer-frontend hybrid who is fueled by coffee, sunshine & lemon bread.
...with a passion for design
With over 8 years of experience in design & 5 years specializing in responsive dev, exploring UX & design solutions for customer brands & sites is at the core of what I do. I value the collaboration & teamwork that goes into the creative process.
As a natural communicator (read: likes to talk), I work with teams & clients on all levels, up to & including creative team management. I work throughout the discovery & design phases to unify understanding, identify risks & support success for everyone involved.
- Creates scalable, UX-driven sites with designs systems & user patterns
- Strategizes "blue prints" - sitemaps, wireframes & navigation flows
- Collaborates on content strategy & conducts user-focused reviews/interviews
Responsive Design & Dev
- Self-Taught RWD developer
- Mobile-first methodologies, using HTML5, CSS3, SASS/SCSS, Git/BitBucket/SourceTree
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites
- End-to-end involvement in product strategy for sites/online platforms
- Strategizes, designs & codes content-rich, complex experiences
- Works with technical engineers to seamlessly integrate frontend code into CMS platforms