- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Lead Design
- Responsive Web Design
- Frontend Development
- UAT Testing
- Content Entry
I led the creative efforts for Camp Bow Wow's Corporate and Franchise website redesigns. Working closely with the client, I created a global brand feel for both Corporate sites and Franchise locations. The result was a much more polished, professional look; fully responsive across devices.
Camp Bow Wow's existing website was in need of a modern upgrade; at the same time, their Franchise websites required alignment under the Corporate brand. Our team executed a full responsive redesign of the Camp Bow Wow Brand building an expansive code base of reusable patterns for application across their Corporate and Franchise sites. I executed and managed the complex design system to allow for site variants and “skin” application via helper classes.
- Design Lead
- Conducted brand collaboration research, presentation & findings summary.
- Lead knowledge transfer sessions with internal designer.
- Filtered questions as needed & managed creation of two design variations for client review.
- Produced initial desktop design in Photoshop.
- Presented both designs to client, properly representing the intentions & decisions of each individual design.
- Received feedback & guided team towards cohesive UX & finalized design.
- Greatly improved UX of website; overall update of Corporate brand.
- Successfully aligned brand for both Corporate and Franchise identities.
- Created and packaged all collateral as deliverable for milestone sign-off
- Frontend Development Lead
- Managed & led development of frontend HTML prototypes.
- Utilized a defined design system & established user patterns.
- Created "skins" for the ability to swap or apply various style applications across Corporate and Franchise websites.
- Coded responsively, under mobile-first methods.
- Thoroughly testied across browsers & devices.
- Presented & reviewed HTML prototypes with client.
- Packaged all collateral & lead hand-off for backend engineer.
- UAT Testing & Content Entry
- Assisted team in executing test plans across various OS' & devices.
- Collaborated with backend engineers to align frontend design code & integrated repository.
- Worked with client to resolve identified issues.
- Developed strategy for content entry GUI based on user-testing.
- Assisted in entry of technical elements.
Katie is one of the most talented UX Designers/UI Developers I have had the privilege to work with in my career. Not only is she a very talented visual designer, but she has ingenious front end web development skills with an incredible eye for detail. Katie is passionate and innovative always looking for new solutions and fresh ideas that can advance her knowledge and skills.
What stands out most to me on Katie is her ability to listen to customer requirements and design needs to develop those business requirements into an amazing design. She truly has a knack for taking limited information from clients and creating something that not only meets but exceeds their expectations.
Katie a fun person to work with, and is reliable, has a strong work ethic and is a true team player. She has strong personal skills that enable her to work effectively with a wide variety of clients at many different levels. I’d highly recommend Katie for any type of design work.
Katie has a widely varied skillset which enables her to contribute greatly to the front-end aspects of a project including IA/Wireframing, User-Centric Design, User Experience and Front End Development.
This makes Katie a very valuable addition to any project or company in that she leverages these skills to create many project efficiencies and craft a more seamless and enjoyable user experience.
Katie is also very detail oriented, responsible, and has a very solid work ethic. I would definitely consider her an asset to any team.
Working with Katie on different projects was always a pleasure. Katie and I worked together for over 3 years and on several different projects that I was managing. Katie has a great way of getting to know the clients, their preferences and ultimately what they would like reflected for their new website. As a project manager, Katie was always on time with deliverables and would put in the extra effort to ensure the project success. Katie is a great teammate and I would love to have her on any project.
Katie is a team player. She is willing to help anyone in any way she can. This has been partciularly noted in her tutelage of our terrific interns. She has patiently taught them more than skills, but also about professional life. Everyone recognizes & appreciates her mentorial skills and overall willingness to help anyone and everyone out whenever she is called on. She makes good business decisions, taking input from multiple sides of an issue and htem formulating a decision.
Katie's chief impact is her outstanding product work. From the design, the birth of an idea to her writing, she works with professionalism to create impact in the eyes and ears of the audience. Katie is an innovatoive designer who executes her ideas without much fanfare. She is methodical in her approach to thought and truly an enthusiastic learner.