- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Graphic Design
- Print Design
- Email Marketing
- Event Planning
As an Event Planner & Graphic Designer for Greenheart Travel, I managed the promotional material of their weekly programs via print and web. I coordinated & executed weekly events & designed multi-media marketing pieces.
- Graphic & Print Design
- Designed informative companion piece for Greenheart Travel’s collection of program brochures using Photoshop & Indesign.
- Created Tri-fold Teach Abroad brochure, printed & circulated to all prospective program participants.
- Designed 'L' Train Billboard advertisements, displayed on Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) public transportation system, receiving 375,000+ unique impressions each day; both ads ran for several months.
- Event Planning & Marketing
- Contacted educators & professionals to teach beginning-level language courses for adults in Italian, Spanish & Arabic.
- Scheduled classes, engaged participants & kept record of course students for intimate-environment learning; no more than 15-20 participants per class.
- Marketed events by creating print collateral & executing Constant Contact Email campaigns.
Katie is one of the most talented UX Designers/UI Developers I have had the privilege to work with in my career. Not only is she a very talented visual designer, but she has ingenious front end web development skills with an incredible eye for detail. Katie is passionate and innovative always looking for new solutions and fresh ideas that can advance her knowledge and skills.
What stands out most to me on Katie is her ability to listen to customer requirements and design needs to develop those business requirements into an amazing design. She truly has a knack for taking limited information from clients and creating something that not only meets but exceeds their expectations.
Katie a fun person to work with, and is reliable, has a strong work ethic and is a true team player. She has strong personal skills that enable her to work effectively with a wide variety of clients at many different levels. I’d highly recommend Katie for any type of design work.
Katie has a widely varied skillset which enables her to contribute greatly to the front-end aspects of a project including IA/Wireframing, User-Centric Design, User Experience and Front End Development.
This makes Katie a very valuable addition to any project or company in that she leverages these skills to create many project efficiencies and craft a more seamless and enjoyable user experience.
Katie is also very detail oriented, responsible, and has a very solid work ethic. I would definitely consider her an asset to any team.
Working with Katie on different projects was always a pleasure. Katie and I worked together for over 3 years and on several different projects that I was managing. Katie has a great way of getting to know the clients, their preferences and ultimately what they would like reflected for their new website. As a project manager, Katie was always on time with deliverables and would put in the extra effort to ensure the project success. Katie is a great teammate and I would love to have her on any project.
Katie is a team player. She is willing to help anyone in any way she can. This has been partciularly noted in her tutelage of our terrific interns. She has patiently taught them more than skills, but also about professional life. Everyone recognizes & appreciates her mentorial skills and overall willingness to help anyone and everyone out whenever she is called on. She makes good business decisions, taking input from multiple sides of an issue and htem formulating a decision.
Katie's chief impact is her outstanding product work. From the design, the birth of an idea to her writing, she works with professionalism to create impact in the eyes and ears of the audience. Katie is an innovatoive designer who executes her ideas without much fanfare. She is methodical in her approach to thought and truly an enthusiastic learner.